Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jumping for Peas...


I have finally gotten it together enough to start blogging! I figure if I redirect the energy I put into rewriting and organizing to do lists into this, it will be time well spent. (I think that writing a blog probably burns more calories that writing a list, which is another incentive.)
So we had a great Mother's Day- we went to church and Baby K was loud and thoroughly entertained the 3 rows in front of us, and the 2 rows behind! She sings with the best of them, even if she is slightly out of tune. We ended up watching the British version of Planet Earth and everytime an animal was killed- K would laugh hysterically and get a huge smile on her face; apparently she shares her mother's outlook on life...
Her bigger girl car seat came yesterday and it is huge, the freakin' thing better protect her from a nuclear war! I hope she likes it, we ended up getting her the Britax Boulevard because it is safe up to 65 pounds and I had seen a video on youtube about this specific seat saving a little girls life. Most seats only go up to 45 pounds as opposed to her still being in it when she is around 8 instead of 6 or 7. Patrick had this look of horror on his face when it came and wondered at first if I had ordered the stainless steel fridge I've been wanting instead of her carseat.
We got a hand-me down jumper from patrick's cousin and Baby K is jumping in the pantry like world peace depends on the amount of air she can get. What a little rockstar, I hope she's adventerous like her daddy!
But most importantly- did anyone see the six foot cow on the view this morning!?

3 comments:

HeatherRedlich said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA! NOW I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU. HOW PATHETIC SINCE YOU LIVE A FEW MILES AWAY. AVERY STILL THINKS THIS IS HER BABY SISTER AND SHE HAS NEVER EVEN SPENT TIME WITH HER. (guilt guilt guilt) BUT NOW SHE CAN ATLEAST LOOK AT HER ON THE INTERNET!! YOU ARE BOTH BEAUTIFUL!

Shauna said...

Hooray! Welcome to the blogosphere!!! If blogging burns calories, then I will step it up!
Happy Mother's Day! Lucky Baby K!

katie g. said...

Nice blog - it's the best way to journal/keep in touch/ (or rant in my case) I'm at
luv2communikate.blogspot.com. thanks for inviting me!
katie g

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson