Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Give Me Some Zwag!!!


I found the coolest website today at www.zwaggle.com- It's this website where parents can exchange stuff that they don't want anymore. I plan on just giving a ton of stuff away to make room for more, like the nasty doll Baby K fell in love with at Nordstroms yesterday; we were there with Audrey and Dara and all of a sudden K had this look of ecstasy on her face as she reached for "abby cadabby" on the shelf. I have bought her dozens and dozens of blankets and stuffed animals hoping that one of them would be her transitional object (the thing that would help her gain independence from my boobs) but of course she picks a thirty dollar fuschia fairy...
She loves her carseat (the way it tastes, anyway!) Both of her bottom teeth are now coming in and she is super crankers :( But she told me that if I eat lots of pie it will help her feel better- it's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it.
So I am going back to bikram yoga regularly next week because no matter what I do, those last 20 pounds just ain't coming off; I can blame it on nursing but the pie reference above probably doesn't help my case. I miss it and think that it's worth getting up at 5:30 in the morning so I can go. I know that my baby fat will just fall off and the "me" time is good too. This keeps happening where I try to do without and come full circle (I think that's the point of a circle, it just goes round and round and round... and round. Maybe that's the point!)

5 comments:

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you've decided to go back to yoga! Sometimes you need the break in order to really appreciate it when you go back. I know that's what happened to me with running. I'm going to start taking more yoga here too as soon as I figure out where to fit it in my schedule. I miss Baby K so much! And ironically I was just telling someone at work about your pie (and pie dough) this morning. :)

Eakesmeyer said...

Teal-girlll, don't be in such a rush to get K off the nip.
check out some articles on breastfeeding toddlers...great advantages for both or you. As K gets older, nip-time will become less and less.
Maddie just turned two and she's still bfing, usually at night...great way to reconnect after a long busy day.
that's my two-cents!
Mar

Shauna said...

That whole circle thing...every that goes around, comes around again! Time for YOU is vital.
Sometimes, it takes awhile to realize how long you have been on the back burner and what you need to do to give yourself time.

I have realized it is very selfish to NOT take care of myself when I am a mom.
You go!

Chase said...

I'll help the teething by eating pizza

Kristen said...

I can't decide. In this picture is she contemplating life...or taking a dump?

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson