Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh my Goodness...


Patrick not-so-gently reminded me yesterday that I haven't written anything in forever! My nieces, Ruby and Addie, are here and we have been having a blast. They remind me why I want a ton of kids; life has been really full of fun and talking and laughing since they have been here and I am actually quite nervous about how empty the house will be when they go home next week. Ruby and I were figuring out how to trick her mom into staying here but we haven't figured out anything other than sending mannequins with big hair on the plane back to Atlanta.
They also worship Patrick and it has been great to watch them be together. He endures their girl shows about mermaids and answers every question they ask as thoroughly and as patiently as he can. This morning Ruby asked him how many miles an hour the ceiling fan in our bedroom rotates and they actually sat there and figured it out together and he taught her how to find the area of a circle. I just sat in amazement. Somehow they also moved onto estimating how many cabs are in New York City because apparently that's an interview question many law firms ask and he thought it would come in handy someday. I fell back asleep before they figured out the answer... I hope that Karissa gets her brains from her father.

1 comment:

Chase said...

Tell Pat that is a nerd.

Also, I'm curious, what is the ratio of speeds of the fan at different settings?

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson