Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Love at First Chew Toy...



So I think a lot can be said about a woman by which bachelor she roots for on the new Bachelorette. I, personally am of the Jess persuasion (pro-snowboarder, curly hair, oddly metrosexual blazer). I am not ashamed to saw how much I love this show and the profound insights it offers me every tuesday morning when I watch it, tivo style. I would like to note that Jesse also won the mechanical bull contest, proving just how well rounded he really is. He was also the first to the rescue when DeAnna fell of the bull- but now we shall move on... except I would also note that he claimed he will know he is truly in love when they can fart in bed together. A man after my own heart!!!
Baby K is growing and crawling like crazy- she moves super fast and I am going to baby proof today. Next thing you know she will be going to college. It is amazing to watch how her relationship with the pups is evolving. They really seem to love each other and have bonded in a way that I hadn't anticipated. Abby is also teaching K how to have boundaries, like when she tries to lick her face and K gets mad and screams at her. Patrick and I have been trying to get Abby to stop licking her for 7 months and Baby K got her to stop in about 2 seconds and then they went back to playing. It was the first glimpse of what a strong, self-assured little girl we have who is already becoming capable of taking care of herself.
K went swimming in the pool and for the first time, actually enjoyed it. She really loves the water and hung out in her floaty all by herself happy as a clam. I was so proud of her for being such a brave little girl and having no fear. I hope we can keep her that way. I am sure Patrick frequently hanging her upside down on a daily basis can't hurt.
By the way, I have totally lost three pounds in the last 2 weeks- I rock, if I do say so myself. :)

2 comments:

Chase said...

I'm so glad to see that you two didn't turn out to be paranoid "don't let the animals get near the baby" parents. Pets are so wonderful and I love to see when they are so much a part of the family like they are to y'all.

Johanna said...

She's crawling! Amazing. Wish I could see it. And you know I love you no matter what, but I am so proud of your 3 pounds and happy that you are happy about it. Much love to all of you.

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson