Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Monday, June 9, 2008

Goat Butt, One Word or Two?


Eventhough we constantly bathe her, sometimes Baby K smells so bad that we now know what goat butt smells like. Patrick wanted to adopt it as another of her many nicknames, but that is not happening. Mostly because we couldn't decide if it was one word or two. Regardless, it's bad, goat butt bad.
Patrick got up with K for the first time in three months Saturday night and he was wrecked all day Sunday. It was awesome! I didn't feel guilty at all and think he has a new appreciation for Mommy.
I am watching Real World:Hollywood and Joey just got back from rehab. He seems like a different person- my heart breaks for him and that strange re-entrance onto planet Earth. It is timely since my mom gets out on the 11th. It's funny how are brains work, I can't refer to it as Wednesday, or the day after tomorrow because that seems too painfully soon. Thus it is June 11th. I hope that this time she makes it...
On another note, Baby K is such a big swimmin' fool now! She floats around in her floaty splashing in the water and puts her head under for seconds at a time and loves it. She went in the ocean with us on Saturday and bobbed in the waves. Patrick held her and we all floated together and she loved it. My heart was racing the whole time but I tried really hard to be the cool, laid back mom with all my might. My mom hasn't seen K in months and months, which is crazy. She is growing so fast it makes me want another puppy in the worst way- we might start fostering animals to fulfill that need. It's a great way to have a puppy all the time without having to make a huge commitment, which I know Patrick won't go for anytime soon.

No comments:

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson