Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Monday, July 28, 2008

Hope House...



Mom is in a new place now, hopefully for the next six months. It is called Hope House and is a house for women who for the most part have just gotten out of prison as a result of drug charges, although there are some psychiatric referrals (hence my lovely mother). It is a pretty intense place where women aren't allowed to wear makeup and every minute of the day is heavily structured. My sister Karen picked it and I just have to laugh at how different she and I are- it is really good that she is now "in charge"; I know I would have picked another cushy place that would have cost too much money and not done any good. Maybe she will be so miserable there that the rest of life will seem like cherry pie and she will no longer need to use.
The babe is trying to walk- she just turned nine months and is as cute as ever! She has no fear and falls down everywhere but just laughs and gets back up again. Good lesson for her mama. I can't believe how fast time has gone and yet in some ways it feels like forever; she has now been out of my tummy longer than she was in it.
It's rough though, I guess because I feel like I didn't just have a baby anymore that I should be fitting into all of my clothes again. I was in the best shape of my life before I got pregnant but now I wonder if that was a bad thing because being thin and fabulous is so fresh in my mind. I really hate my body- pretty much everything about it. It is amazing how much I have changed physically- my skin is broken out all the time when before I got pregnant it was beautiful. I can't even wear my hair the way I want to because whozit will try to eat it for a snack. My face is fatter too. I looked at pictures that has been taken in the past week and felt like the woman holding baby K should have been someone other than me, like perhaps a frumpy friend... I posted a before and after- just because I'm a masochist.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Whatever, Bitch! I think you look hot! You have no belly stretch marks and your boobs are so great I have to make up my own word for them: "Fantabulous!" I wish my body looked like yours!

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson