Good Reads

  • Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child- Marc Weissbluth
  • Magic Trees of the Mind...-Marian Diamond & Janet Hopson
  • What's Going on In There?... -Lise Eliot

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Being Sick Sucks...


So I have been totally sick and pathetic since Tuesday and even though it sucks, in many ways it has been a blessing because it has really grounded me. Like, grounded as in haven't been allowed to leave the house- with all the craziness in my life apparently my body needed me to slow waaaay down.
Patrick has been amazing and supportive and loving the past week. I am super sensitive to the fact that even though I am sick, I still have to be a good mommy and wife. Patrick still has to dress up and go to work even if he doesn't feel good (although he is never, ever sick. EVER!) I try and stay really sweet even though I don't feel good so he won't leave me (do other women wonder if their husbands ever want to leave them? I would like some input on this.)
We paid a full tithe this month, the first time since Baby K was born and although things are still tight and I got sick, and my mom's situation is in the crapper, it still felt like a better month where I was closer to my Heavenly Father. Maybe just being closer to him was the blessing I needed.
Baby K is super cute too, she is crawling all over the place and has started standing up on things and balancing with one hand! She also growls when she eats, but it sounds more like a squeak than a growl.
I think much of what I have gained this month is not an extra grand or perfect health, or a perfect life- but instead something much more important, which is perspective regarding my life. I am in a free country with a beautiful roof over my head and an amazing husband. Not to mention a Heavenly Father who totally thinks I rock and believes in me and my ability to choose the right. Amen!

No comments:

What I'm Reading Now...

  • Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank... by Celia Rivenbark
  • The Anxiety Book by Jonathan Davidson